Went to aerobics class at nearby gym tonight. The first class is free. Wanted to be put through some paces, beyond my own efforts in our apartment's pool.
Well, I was.
Don't know if it's those pesky hormones again, but at the end of the class, I felt like crying. Damn.
On one hand, I think I did pretty well, considering... On the other hand, I was reminded why I generally dislike group exercise classes with mirrors. Everyone else knows all the moves, they all look better in their workout clothes than I do, and I can't hardly avoid observing my awkward moves and grimacing face in the ever-present mirrors. The other woman in the class (yes, there were only two of us) was gorgeous, and she and the instructor are apparently "tight" buddies. They were both very nice to me, but I still felt a little like I wasn't one of the "cool" kids.
I actually fell over onto the floor tonight. I laughed at the absurdity of it; but, I also felt a moment of frustration at how clunky a lot of my body parts are post-partum. My center of gravity is still off. Hell, just doing lunges nearly toppled me over.
I'm going back again next week.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I actually tried to ride a horse 6 weeks or so post partum. It was not a good thing. It takes awhile...and remember you aren't going for them, you're going for you.
Oh and sometimes I cry when I'm running, I'm not sure why, but it feels good, so I let it happen.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment