Thursday, August 09, 2007

OK, I've experienced an earthquake. Now we can leave LA. ASAP!

So I was just sitting here at about 12:55am listening to music on headphones while goofing around on the computer, tapping my foot to the music. Then I thought I felt something and thought I heard a noise like a neighbor dropping something heavy. Did my desk move? I noticed an item on my desk moving back and forth like it's never done before, and I felt a sudden minor adrenaline/apprehension rush. "Something's not normal."

I whipped off the headphones and sat very still for many heartbeats. Nothing. The thing on my desk gradually stopped moving.

I turned on the radio and a few minutes later there's an announcement that there was just a 4.5 magnitude quake somewhere south of here, and people felt it south and north of us, and a witness said it made a loud noise.

OK earth, thanks for that. Now I can say I felt a quake in LA! No need for any more demonstrations thank you very much!

Bye bye LA!

No comments: