Been researching moving options. To POD, or not to POD? POD stands for something like Portable On Demand big-ass moving container thingie. Basically, a company drops off a big container outside your domicile, which you then load up. Then, they return and lift it up onto a flatbed truck or something and take it away to your moving destination. There are a couple different companies that offer pod-like options. I've spent a lot of time on their websites and calling their 800 numbers. Plus, I've looked at whether to rent a truck, tow the cars and drive...? Hire a moving company...?
And, I think the answer is going to be -- sell most of our belongings before we go. Move with as little stuff as possible.
At the moment, I just can't see spending $6,000-7,000 to move our furniture. For all we know, after three months in St. Paul, when we land in a more permanent spot -- likely another rental for at least a year -- who knows if our sectional sleep sofa will fit easily/at all in new digs? And, rental truck-wise, it would take us a minimum of 7 days to drive from LA to St. Paul, with two cats and a baby on board. Plus, towing one of our cars and driving the other one behind the truck. Or, driving the rental truck and shipping one or both cars via a freight company. Still, we'd be seven days in a truck with a baby.
None too enticing.
Ken's been off doing handy man stuff today, so I've been with Audrey all day. Which has been fine until she unleashed a holy hell of screeching, crying, and screaming early this evening. Yow. She stayed awake through her usual afternoon nap, and I think she might've had a little too much food...? Anyway, holy moly. Heard some new noises this afternoon. Poor thing (her and me). She's in bed now. Whew.
Short-lived whew. She just awakened again.
More swaying, rocking, pinkie-sucking (she doesn't really go for pacifiers), and she's back asleep. Whew, again.
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Another mysterious stop on the adventure of a lifetime! Woo-hoo!
Greg
Post a Comment