Today, Audrey used both her hands to hold her bottle herself. It remains to be seen whether she can repeat this feat again on purpose in the near future.
She's been experimenting the last week with 'what happens to the bottle in my mouth if I squirm and turn WAY to this side?' 'And, what happens if I arch my back and turn WAAYYY to the other side?' Answer: sometimes Mommy follows with the bottle, and sometimes Mommy doesn't, and the nipple slippery-slides across Audrey's cheek. The turning and arching is often accompanied by 'How far in and out of my mouth can I push the nipple while still sucking milk from it?' Now that we've introduced her own hands into the equation, I'm sure all sorts of new fun will follow.
The other First was swimming in the apartment complex's pool this afternoon. She had a good time in the water with me, and she really enjoyed watching all the other children who happened to be in the pool at the same time as us. Good People Watching continued while we hung out poolside afterward to dry off. Audrey's quite The Observer.
Found out this afternoon that Audrey's Chinese zodiac sign is the Pig. Will have to read up on that profile!
Only three weekends left before the moving containers arrive. I already have 85% of our belongings boxed up.
Yep, I'm ready to go.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment