Wow, I have a quiet moment, and I don't know what to write.
Oh, I know one thing. The almond croissants at Susina Bakery on Beverly, just west of La Brea are AWESOME. If you ever find yourself in LA and craving a croissant, almond or otherwise, hoof it over to this bakery/cafe. Yow.
Been packing, as I can. I marvel each time we move at just how much stuff we "shed." I mean, we moved out here what, fewer than 18 months ago? And, I'm setting aside a goodly amount to sell and/or give away with this move. Feels good, liberating.
Audrey has begun teething, I believe. Fairly ever present drool - check. Gnawing of any item within grasp - check. Hair trigger crying jags - check. We broke out the Ora Gel the other night. Happy to say that it worked. Shortly, we'll introduce rice cereal, and the whole solid foods adventure will begin.
Ken says he wants to go to Denmark and Holland sometime for vacation. Apparently, there's some sort of miniature town in Denmark where everything is built to Lilliputian scale. Sounds fun. We'll have to go when Audrey's old enough to enjoy it.
Oh, and nope, haven't heard back from former Austin shrink. Been taking the supplements again recommended by the midwife, though, and they've helped. I don't feel so AGGHHH! panicky and pissy every waking hour. Still pretty distracted, preoccupied, emotional - but, don't feel so desperate and borderline out of control (Ken would probably laugh at 'borderline').
Oh, also. Completely random aside here. Bought this metal polish at Sur La Table - Wenol - to clean our stainless steel cookware. Read about it on the Web. It works really well. I amuse myself at, conversely, how easy it can be to make me happy. Shiny pots, oh boy!! Happy clap to self.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment