Last Friday, my boss told me she'd gotten the kabosh on keeping me as a temp any longer (than this week). Apparently, a Dreamworks transplant (Paramount bought Dreamworks this spring) will be joining her group imminently.
I expected it; and everything's cool. In fact, I spied an opening on a job listing last Friday which I'm really excited about. AND, my boss here at Paramount was kind enough to agree to make a "godmother" call on my behalf - turns out, the prospective employer is a co-producer on a film currently in production to be distributed by Paramount. Lynn recommended me to her contact from that project, and then that person kind of "checked me out" over the phone and then agreed to put my cover letter and resume in the right person's hands.
I keep hoping my phone will ring.
When I get an interview, I'll share more details. And, when I get the job, I'll share the rest!
In other, fluffy, news I haven't had any coffee today, and it feels like I'm obsessing on that lack every other minute. I'm spacy, tired, fidgety, and then perfectly fine.
Glad I had a really productive day yesterday, b/c today, eh.
:)
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment