Thursday, July 13, 2006

Oh, more details

The job is as the Assistant to the Head of Production at an independent production company that's funded by a billionaire out of Minnesota. The company co-financed "Brokeback Mountain," "A Prairie Home Companion," and the upcoming "Into The Wild" (a Paramount specialty arm release). They're moving from strictly financing films into developing and shooting their own, as well. Sounds like they might want to build a library of titles, too.

This could be a really great "ground floor" opportunity.

I hope I like the dude.

I hope he likes me.

Plus, I want to get more experience under my belt on the line producing side. Line producers manage the physical side of production - cashflow, logistics, personnel and equipment management, etc. Stacy did a kickass job in this area on "jumping..." last summer, as well as throughout post-production.

Though, I have experience in these areas with my own short films, and a documentary shoot I line-produced in 2003...

I'm just gonna take a deep breath and be myself. If it's meant to be, it'll be.

No comments: