HI.
Imagine I stand before you at our premiere party. I've had 1 1/2 drinks that include a liberal amount of vodka, and I'm feeling a happy buzz. Our screening sold out this afternoon. It was a happy conundrum seeing so many people line up for tickets, but who unfortunately wouldn't be able to get a seat in the 250-seat cinema. I wish I could've expanded the screening space!
People that we invited and hoped would show up to view the screening, did. And, then they made appearances at our Premiere Party, too. Yay!
My favorite moment was right at the end. The last shot fades to black, the end-credits song begins, and the credits begin to scroll. It felt like such a moment of accomplishment and closure to see our names scroll past. And, it felt so awesome to watch the multitudes of names that followed -- I could see the faces that went with each name. I was reminded of meetings and shooting days. Heat and sweat. Focus and determination and camaraderie, and I was proud. And, I was touched by the silent, respectful heed that the entire audience paid to the rolling credits. You could hear a pin drop. That was pretty cool.
Walked back to our house afterward to drop off my sister-in-law, Cindy, to be picked up by her sister. What a great coincidence that she's in town while my movie premieres! I was so happy that I was able to squeeze her into the screening. I liked hearing her thoughts on the movie, who her favorite character was, and why.
All is good right now. Ken and I went for pizza with friends, Scott and Reed, after the Premiere Party. Home Slice pizza on South Congress is REALLY good. After my booze consumption and two slices of pizza, I'm just about ready to crash. Good times. :)
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment