Here I am, back in LA. When I arrived Saturday, picked up my car from the "way-out-in-podunk" long-term parking lot, started driving out to Gayle's house in Malibu, and had a little freak out moment. The newness and unfamiliarity of everything leapt back out at me. Felt a little unmoored, limbs akimbo (figuratively), ACK! as Bill the Cat would say. Stopped for an iced mocha, called Ken, and he talked me down. :)
Sigh.
Okay, so we had an INCREDIBLE turn out for the film. One sold out show that turned away over 300 people, and one screening at the Paramount Theater that practically sold out its 1200 seats on a Thursday afternoon. We had an amazing response to the film. Lots of great buzz was floating around the festival. Below are the reviews that I've found so far.
http://www.filethirteen.com/reviews/jumpingoff/jumpingoff.htm
http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2006-03-17/screens_roundup10.html
http://aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=22771
http://www.jackkysermoviereviewsandmore.com/archives/jumpingbridges.htm
It's quite satisfying to read them, to say the least. As we get into more film festivals domestically and internationally, I'll note it here in the blog. No big news to share re: distribution deals, yet. But, again, I'll keep the blog posted.
No temp gig today. Posted several emails to folks to stay in the loop and pursue informational interviews. Went to the bank, the store, the gas station. Need to apply to some jobs I've found and work on my 2005 bookkeeping, etc. Currently cooking a roast. Rather domestic of me, no?
One foot in front of the other.
Monday, March 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment