I could probably be a cab driver by now, I've driven around LA so much. :) Okie kiddies, pick up your maps of LA and follow along:
Dropped off my time sheets to the temp company in Burbank (Olive Ave and Buena Vista) yesterday, and in between, checked out some apartments in North Hollywood, Toluca Lake, and Burbank. Liked Toluca Lake the best, but ALL of it seems to be under the flight path of nearby Burbank Airport. Plus, it's over "the hill," from which there are only two main roads (101/Barham and I-5) to go south into Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc. I've learned from friends out here who've done that commute before, DON'T DO IT!
So, I headed south into Silver Lake (Hyperion Ave) and Los Feliz (Los Feliz Boulevard), which are areas just south of "the hill" and between Interstate 5 on the East and Route 101 on the West (west of Route 101 is downtown Hollywood...). Both have hilly parts, with Silver Lake having steeper, more winding hills/streets. I don't want to live on a steep hill, but Los Feliz has possibilities.
Kept heading west on Hollywood Boulevard and entered a part of Hollywood called Thai Town. I liked that area, and I found a promising apartment complex that had the amenities we're looking for - haven't heard back from the manager, yet, to view the listing, though. Then I saw a cute Spanish-style, stucco 6-plex further west, just south of Franklin Ave and west of Cahuenga. Also, haven't talked to manager, yet.
Then there's West Hollywood, which is really cute. Lots of apartment buildings of different styles, including really appealing (to me) Spanish-style, European-style courtyard 4-, 6-, and 8-plexes. The challenge is, PARKING. I'm only looking at places that offer off-street, preferably gated parking with the rental, but since we're looking at 1-bedrooms, that means only 1 parking spot. I've talked with a couple residents at a couple of these places about street parking, and they've told me they've spent as long as 2-3 hours driving around searching for street parking.
Yeah, don't want that.
It's all good, though. The next couple weeks will present new listings for places that'll come available mid- to late-April, when we actually want to secure a place. Plus, remember the Top 10 Movies job listing (below)? Well, that guy called me to interview - yay! So, this next week, I'll interview with him, plus work with the Creative Services group at Paramount for the week, and likely have more clarity about which opportunity(ies) to seize upon.
I'm really happy.
Don't worry, Ken, one more month, and we'll be together! And, then you'll be able to feel this newness with me and for yourself. XOXOXOXOXO
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment