Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Butt in the chair

I've been emailing and faxing resumes in response to job ads all day today. My buns are numb. And, I have almost overwhelming urges to continually get up and go get snacks.

It's a bit aggravating to me how much "teeth gnashing" I go through during this process. I find a listing and copy it to a list I'm keeping of jobs to apply for. Then, I go back to that list and highlight the job openings that still strike me as possible/desirable. THEN, I get caught up in this warp or something - maybe it's all necessary - just psyching myself up to write the cover letter and send the damn thing off. Since last night, I've rewritten/formatted my resume - which is a good thing. Now, I have three versions to use for different openings...and, I've used each format today for different postings.

Then again, this can all tend to feel like busy work.

I keep reminding myself to stay open, be patient. Ultimately, I do have faith that whatever needs to happen is happening.

So, why is it SO tempting to crawl under the covers to try to turn off my buzzing mind? Arrgg!

No comments: