Friday, March 24, 2006

Drat - No cats!

So I came across this one apartment yesterday, which I drove by to check out last night. It was dreamy, in a terrific location. I found it when I called about a different listing that turned out to be more expensive than Ken and I want - but, which accepted cats. I asked the guy if he had other properties coming up that were in our price range and found said dreamy digs. Called today, all atwitter, to follow up and alas! No cats! Agh!

Big sigh.

On a completely different note - I'm writing a shout-out here to the two GMs in my life. They both had surgeries on the same day this week, and both came through as best as one could hope for. Neither of them is big on sharing personal stuff with folks, but I'd like y'all to send as many healthy healing strong happy blessed thoughts to both of them as you can!

I'm temping at Paramount Studios again. This time, I'm in the Creative Services group. These few folks (3 or 4, total) coordinate/create all the DVD content/extras for all the DVDs Paramount (and now Dreamworks) puts out. This morning, when I arrived, I hit it off with the woman in charge - I like her vibe a lot. I'll be here all next week, too.

This weekend, I have a bunch of legal paperwork to digest, sign, process, etc. And, I'll likely be driving around again, looking at apartments.

I'm beginning to think I might end up working at Paramount for awhile...? Though, I applied for a job last night which asked one to list one's Top 10 Movies of All Time in a cover letter. I thought that was pretty cool.

Let me see here if I can remember my 10:

Amadeus
8 1/2
Ninotchka
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Alien
Girl on the Bridge (La Fille Sur La Pont)
Aliens
2001: A Space Odyssey
Ghost Dog
You Can Count On Me
Honorable Mention to "Truly, Madly, Deeply" b/c of Anthony Minghella's directorial choice to show Juliet Stephenson's grief in all its puffy, messy, unprettified glory - and, b/c Alan Rickman rocks.

So, I sent that off last night, all happy with my selections. Then, just before nodding off, I thought, 'Fargo!' How could I neglect the Coen Brothers' "Fargo?"

:)

No comments: