Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Filmie Self

I am inspired to create another production company. I'm currently having a lot of fun figuring out how I want to manifest it and putting together a business plan.

Here's a list of fairly recent movies I wish I'd made:
Galaxy Quest
Stranger Than Fiction
Ghost Dog
You Can Count On Me
Girl On The Bridge
Secretary
The Professional
The Hunt For Red October
The Fugitive
The Pianist
American Splendor
The Italian Job remake with Mark Wahlberg
Any and all of the Bourne movies

I like stories about characters making choices, especially ones that don't make sense to others around them, but that have integrity in the perspective of the hero(ine). I also like a good action movie and/or sci-fi movie. So, I'm thinking the films I'd like to make include Sci-Fi, Action/Thriller, and Arthouse drama/comedy.

I attended an IFP MN event Saturday night and had a lovely, lovely time. The IFP folks have been very welcoming and encouraging. I like the vibe here. There's something about emerging from Winter that infuses the energy here. It's like, Spring's coming; gotta get Busy! I like that hustle.

I've been invited to participate as a panelist at IFP MN's April Producers Conference. I'm jazzed. And, Kat alerted me to an upcoming American Counseling Association conference in Minneapolis in October for which I'm going to pursue a possible screening opportunity for "jumping off bridges." JOB has not yet screened in the Twin Cities, so...

My Filmie self has returned. I wasn't sure if she'd be back after having a baby, but she is. Coolness.