I've had a realization, to which many of you who have known me a while will say, 'duh, Lorie.'
I'm a conductor, not a musician. I've wanted to express my creativity as an individual artist - an actor, a writer, a director, a painter, a photographer. A gardener, even. And, I'll continue to enjoy those veins of my creativity. But, in terms of Life Purpose, grand ambitions, and what-am-I-really-really-good-at, I'm a conductor. A maestro. A maestress? Maestroette?
This realization feels very freeing. There is certainly artistry to conducting.
I'm very zoomed right now about an inspiration I've had. I don't want to spell it all out here as yet. But, I feel like I've had a "north star" moment again. One of those dictate-the-navigation internal shout-outs. I haven't felt one of these since I realized I had to give a shot to moving to LA (thank you, Ken). It's reassuring to me to feel this way again.
Zoom, zoom, zoooom!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment