Friday, March 21, 2008

Pork loin and chocolate bunnies

Ari, Terri, and their kids are coming over tonight for our weekly Friday Night Dinner. Ari's mom is coming, too. She's visiting from Japan. I'm making a pork loin with fig chutney, onions, and carrots. I'm thinking I'll cut up some yam, too, to roast with the pork. Ken made chocolate brownies, and we have vanilla ice cream, too. Terri's bringing salad.

MMMmmmmm, slathering drool. Yummy.

I even bought chocolate bunnies for Easter for the chillens. And, black jelly beans for me. Black ones are the only jelly beans I actually like. I know, ew to all of you. But, they're the best! Couldn't bring myself to buy any marshmallow peeps, though. Shudder. Those are just TOO artificial to actually consume.










(Thanks Gail ! )

Been working on a business plan for a family film. It's been consuming and interesting. It's a market that's very different from typical indie films, b/c it's quite dominated by studio movies. This is a project that lends itself best to a DVD Premiere scenario, unless its filmmaker gets hooked up with a studio/studio-affiliated production company to produce it. I've identified potential distributors and comparable titles, but I still have homework to do about revenues in the direct-to-DVD market, and thus, revenue projections and possible Return On Investment scenarios. Fun, fun. :)

Need to make the bed now before Company arrives.

Oh, found a sewing class in the Adult Classes catalog last night. I've bought fabrics to make a patchwork, quilt-like duvet cover for our bed. I'd like to make that my project for the 6-week class, if I take it. Will post pictures when time comes.

No comments: