Wednesday, September 12, 2007

MCSE Update: Exam 6 of 6, part 2, DAMMIT!

DAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup. Failed again.
DAMMIT!

What really pisses me off is I spent a week restudying this stuff and I got the
EXACT SAME CRUMMY SCORE TODAY THAT I GOT LAST TUESDAY!!!

DAMMIT!!
HOW DAMMIT IS DAMMIT THAT DAMMIT POSSIBLE!?
DAMMIT!!!

Obviously I can't claim unfamiliarity with the test format this time. I let the questions guide my scanning of the information, and that seemed to work pretty well. I didn't feel as rushed and didn't have to scramble in the last few seconds of any testlet to randomly fill in answers.

The exam covers four main topics or sections. On my first attempt I did pretty uniformly mediocre in all four sections. On my second attempt, I did significantly worse in the first two sections and significantly better (passing I assume) in the other two sections. So, that's sort of encouraging and discouraging at the same time, which is to say, "DAMMIT!!!!"

At this point I don't know what I'm going to do. Since this exam is all about being the "point man" who designs & implements new networks or major network upgrades (I don't really want to be the "point man", but I do want to work with the "point man") I could just stop here and work full time with the MCSA certification I earned a couple of exams ago. I've certainly learned enough to make good money right now. But I'm so close to finishing the MCSE!! So close! I could work full time and continue studying for this exam in my free time (joy!) - perhaps using a different book and training software for a new perspective. Or I could continue studying full time for this exam until I beat it, get my MCSE, and go out and get the best job possible. Since I have to wait 14 days before taking any exam a third time, there's nothing I can do about it here in LA.

At least now I can focus on preparing to move - there's still much to be done.


*******************
S.P. minus 11 days!
*******************

.

No comments: