Thursday, September 06, 2007

Bananas for bananas

I now have remnants of banana-scented baby drool all over my left cheek. Bananas were a big hit with Audrey tonight. She ate the whole tiny jar and then happily bounced up and down in my arms afterward for some burpin' and kissin' on Mommy. God, did I laugh. At one point, my nose was fully immersed in her open mouth while she clamped her fingers on and off on my neck. So much fun.

Had a Girls Shopping Excursion with her this afternoon. We had a leftover Macy's gift credit, and I took Audrey to search for a new sun hat (as her current one is going to be too small soon enough). But, lo! No sun hats at Macy's infant department! What sort of infant/baby department doesn't stock sun hats? Hell, there were muy expensive Ralph Lauren booties, but no sun hats. All manner of fluffy receiving blankets, but no sun hats. Infant sandals, but no sun hats! Losers.

I wanted to use this stupid gift credit TODAY, so I couldn't lose or forget the damn thing before/during our move.

Never fear. We handily switched gears and used the store credit to buy a warmish fleece jacket and pants - for the cold weather to come in MN. It's pink and green, with a hood. Should be good layering pieces. I was hoping to maybe score a snowsuit or something similar, but they "didn't have those in stock, yet." Big surprise.

Found a new sun hat on sale at Gymboree on our way out of the mall. Yay. It's three shades of pink, with ruffles, can you stand it? Ha ha.

Stopped off at Whole Foods for fancy eco-friendly diapers on way home. Saw Carol from "The Bob Newhart Show" over by the salad/hot food bar. I had no idea she voices Mrs. Krabappel on The Simpsons these days, among other things. D'Oh!

Oh, also compared sugar contents of different yogurts with this guy and his young son in the dairy aisle. We agreed that the Australian ones - Wallaby Organics - have the least sugars added to them. Aren't you relieved?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man I miss those baby food bananas! I used to share them with Wm and Mk, and long after they were done with baby food, I would occasionally buy some, just for me! Yummmmmm!
How do they not have sun hats all year in "sunny Southern California"??? It never rains, haven't they heard the song??
Doug