And now, a frivolous moment from Lorie:
Yesterday, I sat outside with my iced mocha at Peet's Coffee and Tea in Larchmont with my friend, Nicole, and her 7-week-old baby, Audrey next to comedian/actors Andy Richter and Will Arnett. Andy Richter appears slimmer in person.
I soon felt this creeping self-awareness come over me as Nicole and I shared war stories about breastfeeding and which brand has the perfect nipples for bottles (I'm a fan of Dr. Brown's). I was thinking, everyone here is being totally normal about a coupla fairly famous guys gabbing over cups of Joe and sharing some of their own "office gossip." I overheard their conversation sufficiently to gather that little tidbit of intel. Not like I was trying to eavesdrop; I mean, we were sitting right next to each other. But, that proximity, plus the fact that they were fairly famous, made me suddenly acutely self-conscious about the subject(s) of our own conversation. Like, if I'm close enough to overhear snippets of your gabfest (which I could then, like totally, email to a gossip-monger website like Defamer or TMZ or something -- right ha ha), you two must be able to unwillingly overhear our ministrations about stretch marks on our boobs and what to do about baby gas.
Suddenly, I wanted to change the subject. Just until they left.
Aren't I a weirdo?
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment