I just have to say that, today, I've experienced the worst and longest case of heartburn I've ever had. I swear, I'm surprised that fire has not flung forth from my mouth at any point while I've squirmed, winced, and burped throughout the day. Ay yay yay.
In other news, I visited the midwife today and learned that I've gained 20 pounds so far. Audrey's doing really well - growth, orientation, size-wise. Just yesterday, I believe she discovered the edge of my ribs with one of her feet. I also visited a recommended pediatrician today, whom I liked. So, I'm happy about that.
I can't remember if I mentioned here that I got a call earlier this week about a six-week temp gig at Sony. At first, I was very enthused about it, b/c it sounded like it was more than babysitting a phone. But, in a nutshell, the "internal client" then decided not to consider me for it b/c of my preggers status (they didn't OFFICIALLY state this, but I got the picture).
I can see their point - I'm only going to have more and more pre-natal/delivery visits over the next six weeks+... This little event has actually given me an unexpected peace of mind. As my due date gets closer, I can see "light at the end of the tunnel." I've decided to stop fretting about temp gigs. If something comes into my orbit, so be it. If not, I can't do anything about it. So there.
ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT:
Last night, on "Charlie Rose," our man Charlie was interviewing John Mellencamp. Charlie couldn't seem to reconcile John's adherence to pacifism with his assertion that he believes in self-defense. I don't know if Charlie was being purposefully obtuse by asking if the two notions weren't mutually exclusive, but I completely understood Mellencamp's stance. If someone were to actively, immediately, physically attack me, I'd defend myself, of course. But, if someone were hollering across a distance, hurling verbal threats and waving a bat around, I wouldn't pick up my own bat and cross the distance to hurt him first.
What's so hard to understand about that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment