Just in case this Law of Attraction stuff is legit (what you think is what you get), I've decided to stop bashing LA in this blog and in conversation... to stop focusing on the negative aspects of living here. I've had two people tell me that they hated LA for at least the first year they lived here, and then one day they realized they loved it and still do years later. So to attract that kind of positive experience, here are some things that I really like in LA:
- A few months ago some mystery guerilla-urban-artist installed what I came to call "The Yellow Birds of Happiness" at random intersections around town. Every time I saw one of these whimsical birds dangling over a busy intersection, it put a smile on my face and lifted my spirits! They were up for weeks, but one by one they've disappeared just as mysteriously as they arrived.
- Our apartment building has a heated swimming pool! How cool is that?
- We've met some really nice people in our building and elsewhere - and, of course, we love our existing friends and family members who live in LA.
- I enjoy the novelty of being able to see a beach and ocean whenever I want to.

- And the latest wonderful thing I've discovered here is the Lake Shrine. It's a little-known meditation center with a small lake surrounded by beautiful gardens and lots of little benches to sit on and contemplate everything or nothing at all. It's incredibly peaceful, and open to the public, and FREE! Lorie & I went there last weekend for the first time and took these pics:

This site began life many decades ago (1940's?) as an excavated hole to get fill dirt for nearby construction. Over the years runoff from the hills and a nearby spring keeps the lake filled.

Why is there an authentic replica of a Dutch windmill on the shore? Because this used to be the home of some movie director, of course!


Shot from the windmill side of the lake.

A very cool lush shaded grotto with a curving stone bench inside just out of view to the left. The niche on the right behind the ferns contains Mary and baby Jesus. There are icons from all the major religions scattered around this property.
1 comment:
Very cool Ken. Now keep that outlook even when sucky stuff happens to you (or what seems like sucky stuff on surface) and soon you'll find that you don't attract sucky stuff that much any more. Change is gradual but profound.
Post a Comment