Friday, April 28, 2006

Ken recuperates, anticipates

I spent yesterday (Thursday) recuperating, lying in bed with a pounding headache and a sore, gurgly gut. I was able to keep things down after about 3am so I drank lots of water and ate a few saltines and some broth. That's all I had yesterday and I didn't miss food at all! It's funny how you really don't have an appetite after being this sick. Even today (Friday) I feel like I could live the rest of my life eating only saltines and water, and I'll never drink beer again...

Yeah, right. On the bright side, I did want to lose a little flab before Lorie arrived. This is certainly one way to do it - The Food Poisoning Diet! Can't imagine why it hasn't caught on.

Anyway, I'm definitely on the mend today. I still don't have any appetite, but I felt good enough to replace our water heater all by myself. Yeah, that's right, just after we decided to sell our house, the water heater started dripping! Maybe this house is sad to see us go.

Boy, it sure is satisfying to take a hot shower an hour after replacing your own water heater!

Lorie will land in Austin at 1pm tomorrow and then we will be together forever again!!!!! I feel like a kid the night before Christmas. Hurry up and go to sleep!

No comments: