Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm stylin'

Got my haircut last night at a shop in Koreatown. I really like it. It's still past my shoulders, but it's about 3-4 inches shorter and has a lot of layers in it now. The girl cutting my hair didn't speak English, so maybe that's the secret of a good haircut. :) AND, it was very affordable - only $30!! Hot damn.

Had some dinner with Aunt Gayle last night when I got back to the house. It's kind of freaky that I'm coming up so fast on my last few nights staying there! We shared our days ('how was your day?') and anecdotes/pointers about using olive oil, rosemary oil, and/or baby oil on our scalps to help relieve the drying, cracking effects of psoriasis. I like her a lot. She's a hoot.

I've broached the idea of Ken and I taking Gayle, her daughters Tracy, Maggie, and potentially all associated spouses and kids to Catalina Island for a day one weekend in June. She likes the idea very much, but doesn't want me and Ken to pay for anything. But, I'm sure he and I'll figure out something creative to splurge her with in gratitude...

At the moment, I'm enamored of the following name for my future production company - LME Productions. LME stands for Lorie Marsh Entertainment. I can hear it now, "Good morning, LME Productions." Nice, huh?

I'm going to a Book Launch Party this evening. The author is a photographer/artist whose medium is Polaroid photography. His name is Mike Slack, and he came to Austin last May to shoot photos for "jumping off bridges." If you've been to the JOB website (http://www.jumpingoffbridges.com), his photos are all over the site. Here's a link about him -- http://www.mike-slack.com. This is his second book to be published.

I'm also going to meet up with an Austin film buddy (who worked as a gaffer on one of my short films) and fellow LA transplant, Markell, at the party. In addition, Markell's working on putting together a group of Texas filmie transplant friends of his...

Aha. So, another friend from Austin JUST phoned me, and he's in town. Andy worked on "JOB" last year, helping me wrangle food sponsors and donations. He did a fantastic job. The world's feeling like a pleasantly smaller place at the moment. :)

SO, only one more weekend without Ken! A week from tomorrow, I'll be on a plane back to Austin to my honey-bun. Yay!

Oh, and one other aside. I had lunch today with a writer named Collin, whom I met here on the lot maybe a month ago. The reason I mention this is b/c guess where he's from? LINCOLN, Illinois (which is where I was born and graduated highschool). Pretty trippy, huh?

No comments: