So, I slept in our new apartment last night.
It was fine. Dandy. Quiet. Thank God.
Unloading my car was laborious. It's a secure building, so every door you come to needs a key to open it. Which is fine, except when you're holding a vary large pile of clothes on hangers or a Mac computer, with stuffed canvas bags on each shoulder, to boot.
Got me a workout, I did.
Met a couple of the neighbors. Nina and Rich live across the hall and have two male Pugs. Very nice and very cute (neighbors and dogs, respectively). Met Chip, whose parking space is adjacent to ours. He works for the show, "King of the Hill." I learned this b/c he saw my Texas license plates - and the show is set in Texas and staffed with a lot of Texans. Also met John, two doors down. Bumped into him with his girlfriend in the hallway Saturday. And, later, he helped out with jumper cables after my battery died from leaving my hazard lights blinking for (apparently) too long. Turns out, he's a producer for an MTV show, "Pimp My Ride." Kinda ironic, huh?
I dawdled leaving Gayle's house. I put off leaving Sunday until early evening. I said thanks for everything, and that Ken and I would be back out upon our return to hook up her cable modem to her PC and do some gardening in her yard, etc... I felt like she didn't want to make a big deal of anything - no big professions of thanks or goodbyes - so, it was really low-key. But, a little bittersweet to leave, for me at least.
Let's see, what else?
Oh, had a dream last night with my friends, Ora and Dianna (found it odd that Dianna was there - haven't talked to her in years) in it. It was set in Paris, and I needed to get to my plane, or change my flight... Couldn't get my fingers to punch the numbers into Dianna's cell phone correctly, to call the airline. Kept trying, and messing up, over and over. And, didn't know whether to stay a couple days extra to meet up with Ora's colleague. Was seeking clarity, trying to get answers from people... Turns out, I did stay (but didn't reach the airline to change my flight), and met up with Ora and her colleague - who then turned out to be completely disinterested in anything I might be interested in. Hunh. Then the alarm rang.
Made my Supershuttle reservation this morning. My flight leaves at 6 a.m. Saturday, and the shuttle will come to pick me up at 3:45 AM. YIKES.
Well, off to sort some files.
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey baby! I'm lying on the floor next to you in spirit.
And I'm sure you're spiritually jabbing me in the ribs saying "roll over, stop snoring!"
Ah, married life. Can't wait till you're here - the beginning of our last days in Austin!
Post a Comment