Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Driver

So, I took a drive up to 5555 Melrose today, the address of Paramount Studios. I got really excited when I got there. Just this rush of adrenaline and good feelings. There are two parking lots across the street from the studio gates - I've been told to park in one of those during my temp gig. So, I eyeballed those and then drove up to the Security Guard station within the gate to ask how far the building I'm s'posed to report to is, walking-distance-wise. The guard clued me in, then I drove onto the lot, pulled a U-ey and drove out. My first studio lot driving experience!

I did a fair amount of reading last night about the latest news on Paramount. They have new management, and their parent company, Viacom, just bought Dreamworks SKG, too. Apparently, they've pink slipped all manner of folks in all departments from the "old regime." In the domestic distribution department, they laid off 109 of 129 people in the whole department at the beginning of this year! So, you know what that means? That means, they're looking for New Blood! And, guess what I've got? Blood! And, it's new to them! So, there you go. :)

No comments: