Saturday, February 11, 2006

Owwie

Worked at Lisa and Tracy's house this week, doing some gardening, then painting, and my forearm and hamstring muscles are way sore! But, it was lovely to work in their backyard garden on Thursday. Beautiful day, lovely plants, and physical meditation. Lavender grows fabulously out here. I smelled like potpouri when I was finished. And, I really like the color Lisa selected for their master bedroom - this really, really pale blue. Sounds boring, I guess, but it's really soothing, yet uplifting in person.

Got a voicemail from the temp agency Friday. Sounds like I'll likely have a two-week gig somewhere, starting Monday morning. I'll be up and ready to go Monday, phone them, and we'll see what we'll see. I was gone from 7:30 a.m. Friday until 10 p.m. that night! Went first to this Women In Film Networking Breakfast down the road in Malibu. It was nice enough. Nothing exciting to report. Met this cinematographer guy, whom I enjoyed talking with - we exchanged info. I also met this distribution lady (lots of experience with home video distribution), Adrianna, who's programming a Women Filmmakers sidebar at the Newport Film Festival in Rhode Island. She asked to see a screener of "jumping off bridges." If she emails me to follow up, we'll see what happens. Then, I was off to Lisa's. Afterward, I got sidetracked at Border's for awhile. :)

I got my new cell phone in the mail this week. I don't get reception up at Gayle's house, so today was the first day I actually heard it ring. I didn't know it was my phone at first! It's got all sorts of goo-gaws, photo capability, web browsing, etc. So far, I've managed to figure out how to dial out and how to answer it. Oh, and I figured out how to save a phone number from an incoming or outgoing call. I don't know, yet, how to actually retrieve that info when I need it, but I do know I've stored numbers in there somewhere.

News alert to Gail M. - yes, I did shave my legs for the hosiery application process!

Celebrity sitings: Saw Max Gale at the Networking Breakfast (he played Wojo on "Barney Miller").

Missing Ken factor: manageable.

I'm sitting here thinking I should write something more witty or poignant... Yeah, hm... I got nothin'. There you go.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Max Gale? He's your first sighting? I guess that's a good strategy. Start low on the fame meter and gradually build up to George Clooney and Miss Poochy Lips Pitt.