Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ah, the Smog!

Today I decided to do a trial drive up to Studio City and Burbank in anticipation of some meetings I have up there next week. My first meeting is breakfast at 8 a.m., so I wanted to test the driving route to gauge the time I'll need to get up there during morning rush hour. Well, it took me an hour from Gayle's house in Malibu to get to Studio City. So, for my 8 a.m. breakfast, I think I'll be leaving Malibu at 6:00-6:15 a.m. next Tuesday... yikes! Feels like D.C. all over again. :)

Driving today was uneventful, except for the smog. Several times as I drove north to the valley, I took off my sunglasses to see if they'd gotten smudged somehow. Nope, it was just the smog. It's almost inconceivable. The landscape can be pretty and soothing, when you can actually see it. Wow. Makes me even more grateful to be staying with Gayle. At least the smog can't pool very much right by the ocean.

Applied for another acquisitions/distribution job in Santa Monica today.

Celebrity sightings: zero.

Missing Ken factor: still manageable ( I just phoned him last night - said I wanted to hear his voice, so he obliged and spoke in phonetic nonsense for about 15 seconds - very nice)

No comments: