Sniglet of the day: huffuffle. Meaning: The scooting trot pedestrians resort to to cross the last bit of crosswalk before the stoplight changes.
Synonym: Scuttuttle.
Thought of these terms while driving in to work this morning.
Last night was a poopy night for me. Feet hurt (had my happening boots on yesterday, and the Paramount lot expands in all directions - walked a lot), head hurt (caffeine withdrawal? traffic angst?), spent 2+ hours in traffic, total, and an oncoming car on Sunset Blvd turned in front of me for one of those screeeeech!-slam-on-the-brakes-nearly-go-boom moments, Gail's brother is visiting, so I felt like a third wheel at the house, AND I forgot my snack bag, so I was wicked hungry by the time I left work. Not a happy combo.
Felt overwhelmed and missed Ken, bad. The loosey-goosey-ness of everything got to me, and I cried.
The day, itself, went fine. I'm temping in the Special Events/Marketing department. These are the folks that coordinate movie premieres, among other things. Right now, there's a lot of activity around the March 8 premiere of "Failure to Launch" in New York. I've been answering phones, taking messages mostly. Also, paring down a storage area full of old swag from prior events. No alphabetizing, yet. :)
Note about my happenin' boots above - as anticipated, yesterday I observed the de rigueur dress code of studio folks - expensive jeans or pants, business-casual knit tops or button-downs, and pointy shoes. I sat on a bench during lunchtime, talking with Ken on the cell phone (another ubiquitous activity), noting pointy shoes and pointy boots everywhere. For the record, my boots are pointy-ish - not actually honed to fine, stilletto points, but not totally rounded either. I felt passably cool. Ha.
Celebrity sightings: none, yet. Though my boss here had a meeting yesterday with Paula Wagner, Tom Cruise's producing partner. Not in this office, though. Ha, again.
More later.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment