A friend of mine receives messages from angels, which she shares with an email list nearly every day. One of her recent postings from the angels concerned developing awareness of one's desires clearly in order to manifest them most efficiently and lovingly. Along those lines, this afternoon I decided that I want my monthly income to exceed $10K a month, net. As soon as possible. :)
I also desire to build/produce the credits/films to be able to join the Producers Guild, and to win an Oscar. These desires sound fun and exciting to me. They're my rudder. Don't know what the rest of the path looks like, but that's okay.
Also, I keep mindful of stretching beyond my fears to keep putting things out there. This afternoon, I struck up conversation with someone in the break room who's a consultant and worked off and on in publicity at ALL the studios over the last 9 years. She was a fun source of "reads" on each studio, as well as the tumultuous changes that have been taking place here at Paramount. Then, later in the afternoon, I took a deep breath and called someone over in the Acquisitions department (actually, she had called my boss earlier this afternoon, so it wasn't a completely cold call on my part) to see if I might meet up with her on the lot sometime to pick her brain about acquisitions. She was very responsive, saying she's not the right person (b/c she was helping out with publicity on something over there) - but, that she'd put her mind to thinking about someone to refer me to. I felt very proud of myself after that phone call.
It's been a good day. They've all been pretty good days. Driving home at night has sucked pretty badly, but the days have been good. So, I guess I need to work on tapping into a true desire for a happy, blissed out drive back to Malibu each night. :)
ASIDE - the last couple days at work, I've been fielding calls left and right from publicists, producers' assistants, etc. re: attending upcoming premieres and a shwanky Night Before Oscar Party being thrown at the Beverly Hills Hotel. FYI - Sean Connery, Tommy Lee Jones, and Steve Martin will NOT be attending. But, Jamie Foxx, Salma Hayek, William Shatner, Ang Lee and others WILL be. Fun.
Friday, February 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment