Good news - Tim, my stepdad may be discharged from hospital tomorrow. Addled brain can't recall particulars, but that's the short skinny at the moment. Don't know if surgery is, thusly, no longer necessary or to be delayed until later notice...
Audrey's going through a growth spurt, I think, b/c she's crying to nurse like EVERY hour. I read in one of our several newborn/baby books that infants often experience these chow-hound marathon feeding benders at 3 and 6 weeks, and again at 6 months. Well, shit, she's on schedule then.
Had a cry-on-the-toity mini-breakdown this morning. Grabbing 45 minutes of shuteye at a time is brutal. She, thankfully, slept a whole 3.5 hours between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. this morning. I'm crossing my fingers that that's a habit she intends to keep. Ken's parents were here this afternoon to mind her, so I got another broken 2, maybe 3 hours nap... I think. I can't believe I'm spending so much time here cataloging my quest for sleep.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Everyone is wishing Tim a speedy recovery!
Thank you for your healing thoughts. I just brought him home from the hospital and he's nesting in our bed.
Lorie's Mom
The Quest for Sleep. Sounds like the 13th title in the Harry Potter series, after he and Hermione get hitched and start popping out little wizards and witches. But seriously, that is one of the greatest challenges with infants. Not to alarm you, but I don't think any of ours slept through the night consistently until they were 2 years old. Of course, everybody else we knew who had kids drove us nuts telling us how their little Muffy logged eight hours every night after two weeks. My, how we wanted to strangle those people.
Greg
Post a Comment