Monday, May 21, 2007

Bathing Beauty - PICS - and Repeat Questions


Okay, so yesterday, I felt like a genius after all. Turns out the bath pillow thingie I bought in lieu of a baby bathtub fits perfectly into this purple tub we have, and thus, we created the perfect Baby Hot Tub! Audrey liked it a lot - she really chilled out -- until, of course, it was time to get out. Then some fussing ensued, but look how cute she is in her ducky towel wrap!

In other news, I saw this job posting late last week that caught my eye. It was a whim to open the listing and look at what jobs were listed... It's at a finance company that matches Big Money with different production companies and studios. Pre-baby Lorie drools at the prospect. I mentioned it to Ken, and he said I should apply for it - roll the dice, see what happens. We don't have anything to decide until we have something to decide, right? So, I sent off an email/resume yesterday.

But, it turns out, he misunderstood where the job was located -- I'll chalk it up to sleep deprivation -- he thought it was in Minneapolis. It's in LA, of course. It'd be one of those jobs where it's long hours, but in the thick of things.

I feel a bit like the character Gollum in The Lord of the Rings, only instead of being torn between my good side and bad side about whether to strangle some hobbits and take their evil jewelry, I'm merely tugged between contrasting possibilities.

On one hand, Ken and I are open to him being the stay-at-home parent, and me going to work. But, work that I'm interested in would mean staying in LA for the near future -- few years...? This was our idea to begin with, move out here for five years, max, then re-evaluate/probably move. On the other hand, we don't see ourselves raising Audrey for the long term in LA, and we hope to really like the Twin Cities. If we move there, I'd plan to be the stay-at-home parent, and Ken would take on the full-time job.

I could blather on more about my doubts and confusion, but suffice it to say, I'm making this all up as I go. Don't have a road map; trying very hard not to make knee-jerk, reactive decisions. Staying in the moment as much as I can. Surrounded by question marks, but not feeling too emotional about it all right now, which is good.

Okay, Sweet Pea is stirring -- off I go.

No comments: