You know the movie, "Castaway" with Tom Hanks? Remember the scene in the movie where he's managed to make fire by himself, and he exults triumphantly on the beach? I had my Tom Hanks moment last night after I successfully suctioned what turned out to be a huge BOOGER from my darling infant daughter's nose. Really, I didn't expect to get such a payload from such a tiny source - but, there it was, the nose mucous that had been making her make snortle noises for the last half a day... And, the funny thing is, I was SO PLEASED with myself and her, "My fantastic baby doesn't make half-assed boogers, look at this one!"
In other news - my stepdad, Tim, is still in the hospital, and it looks promising that he might be moved out of the ICU later today. Circumstances have still not allowed doctors to perform surgery to fix his perforation, but they've been able to reduce the overall number of medications he's on. That's the good news. On the flipside, the longer he's there, the more ornery he's becoming, informing my mom, "I want to go home now." at insistent, regular intervals. She's doing her best to "mind the store," keep him from bolting his room in his hospital gown, and drinking lots of Starbucks from the cafeteria.
Thanks for the prayers, and keep them coming, please!
Finally -- went to Dr. Wu's office today, so he could check my incision. Got a glowing report - boo boos are healed; we don't have any follow-ups after today. Oh, and I've lost 24 of the 28 pounds I gained during pregnancy - yay for Lorie's body, way to go!
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment