Just got home from my mom's house in Phoenix, where I had the BEST stuffing I think I've had in recent memory. It was just a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner all around: the turkey was delectable, the stuffing sang to me, the mashed potatoes were buttery and to-die-for. And then there was the cranberry sauce with mandarin oranges! MMMmmmm. Good job, Mom! Oh, plus the table was set beautifully -- I swear, it was like eating a meal in one of those tv shows or foodie magazines.
We also went shopping on Friday in Scottsdale, to this consignment maternity/children's store. That was successful, as I got a couple pairs of pants and a shirt or two. Oh, and we picked up a used Baby Bjorn infant carrier thingie. You shoulda' seen my mom and me trying to figure out how one attires oneself with said baby carrier. Mother slipped it over my head, and I had one arm akimbo through a slot, before a nearby mother took pity on us and showed us the ropes. It was like watching a martial artist make chop socky moves look effortless.
In other news, I've picked up a gig producing a spec television pilot episode over the next three weeks. Long story short, it's a script by my young fire-in-his-belly writer-friend (the same work I've been mentoring him on over the last several months) and the project's been accepted into the LA Film School's December production cycle. It's all very, very last minute, but the school provides all the equipment, craft services, students to crew the shoot, and money toward production, so YOW. Yay!
Well, I'm stiff and swollen from sitting in the car so long, so I'll sign off for now.
Gobble, gobble.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment