Monday, September 11, 2006

Sappy movies and Sunday nights

So, I watched "The Notebook" on cable tonight. Sappy, pretty picture, and totally satisfying. It gave me a good cry, and made me feel all googly about Ken. :) Of course, now I can't get to sleep, b/c I can't breathe through my nose at the moment.

Went to Pasadena today to get better acquainted with the "lay of the land." My cousin, Chauntall, will be in Pasadena this week on business, and we're going to get together with her for dinner. Pasadena is pretty - at least the parts that we've driven/walked around.

I keep waiting to find "that spot." My friend, Gail, says I never will, b/c I am fundamentally a gypsy -- but, I can't help feeling a bit on the hunt for someplace that feels "nesty." I like our apartment and our current neighborhood in LA, but... It's a good place to land, but it's not where I can picture really roosting for more than a year or so.

I feel restless, can you tell? I think my brain is just trying to land on something solid. Or, maybe it's my gut. Something that feels "yes, this is where." Oh, I don't know - I think I'm babbling and/or full of shit.

Even as I tussle with unruly feelings, I know I am blessed. I do feel that in my heart.

Tomorrow, we'll see if the temp company calls with an assignment. And, in the meantime, I continue to correspond with several writers/pursue securing the rights to produce their scripts into movies. Speaking of which, Ryan Gosling (male lead actor in above-referenced sappy movie) -- now I'll have to mull him over as a possibility for one of the scripts I want... :)

The film we shot last summer in Texas, "jumping off bridges," is starting a nationwide DIY tour this month, which'll continue until late November. Check out http://www.jumpingoffbridges.com for the latest listing of screening cities and dates. We'll be having one such screening out here in LA in November. I need to get on the ball with press/publicity for that event - started on that this past week.

Okay, so I can breathe through my nose again. S'pose I'll attempt going back to bed.

No comments: