This weekend, we took a four day weekend to attend Lorie's cousin Kiev's wedding in Springfield Illinois. On Friday we flew into the St Louis airport where we met Lorie's mom Sue. The three of us shared a two hour drive into Springfield. After three months in sunny California, where I've seen few clouds and fewer raindrops (but lots of smog), I was very excited to see Illinois' crystal clean skies completely packed with big juicy clouds and great gusty winds thrashing "normal" trees like oaks, elms, maples, and pines. Not a palm tree in sight! And in the not too distant south, dark storm clouds and flashes of lightning! Oh my! I didn't realize how much I missed REAL weather. Of course everyone else was worrying about the upcoming outdoor wedding getting rained out!
On Saturday we did errands, socialized, and went to the rehersal dinner which was great. Sunday was wedding day. It was a lovely ceremony and a beautiful sunny/cloudy day thankfully. The reception at a nearby hotel was lots of fun. On Monday we socialized a bit more and then the three of us drove back to St. Louis for our flights. It was depressing going back into the cramped polluted hell that is LA.
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment