So, today, we had an appointment with this neonatal specialist to do a First Trimester Screening of our little Bean. The official term for the screening is NT, which stands for something medical-y-sounding, I don't remember what, exactly. Last week, at my visit with the midwife, she couldn't hear the heartbeat, so she referred me to this doctor with this $450,000 machine (that goes Ping!) that does super-duper ultrasounds.
Not hearing the heartbeat wasn't cause for ALARM, b/c the baby was probably tucked under my pelvic bones, and the Doppler audio thingie can't penetrate bone. But, she felt, and I agreed, that being safe was better than being sorry.
So, OMIGOD, our little Bean looks like a little baby! Compared to the coffee-bean-sized blob I saw on my first, very brief ultrasound five weeks ago, the images from today were COMPLETELY different. In fact, I think the baby's gonna have Ken's nose and jaw! No wonder I've been so tired. There's been a whole lotta construction goin' on in there.
And, we're having a girl.
A first for the Marshes!
More later. I'm bushed. :)
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment