Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Buds - a la blossoms

I want to make money. I want to raise money to finance films and establish good relationships to sell films - so that I can have the wherewithal to produce the films I want to see made.

There you have it.

My new writer-friend has ambition and fire in his belly, combined with a huge empathy/compassion streak. I like these qualities. He's hungry and ready to set the world on fire. But, his computer is ill, so he's got technical challenges at the moment. Which means I haven't read any of his work, yet.

It'll come. Don't know, yet, what sort of relationship might pan out of our growing acquaintanceship and friendship - whether we'll do business together, or become fellow-artist-support people for each other. But, he's very verbal about his desire to work with me and his appreciation of my persona/skills. That's nice; I've wished for that.

And then I think, it's too soon to be too effusive. Measured. That's my stance/approach. It's all good.

Last night, Ken was kind enough to go look at Colin's computer for him. Colin and I compared notes on Midwest cuisine (ah, the starch - creamed corn, beef and noodles, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits!) while Ken tended to Colin's PC and drooled.

IN OTHER NEWS - Ken bought a vaccuum yesterday! It was lovely to get home to the apartment to such a cat-hair-free floor! Plus, he put up the remaining straggling shelves, towel racks, etc. Very exciting.

And, I've figured out our first entertainment plans - dinner party upcoming in late June! Here's the menu I'm contemplating:

Pinot Noir
Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus spears
Sliced mozzarella with beefsteak tomatoes and basil
Fava bean, pine nut, basil dip with toasted Italian bread

Cabernet Sauvignon
Spaghetti

Haagen Das Vanilla Cherry Fudge Truffle ice cream
Coffee
Bailey's, Amaretto, Brandy (?) -- GOTTA use those crystal snifter glasses!!

MMMmmmmm

No comments: