So we both still have the coughing crud leftover from our bout with the flu last weekend. It grows tiresome.
Yesterday I gave my two weeks notice at my temp job because I believe it has contributed to me being sick so much over the last 6 weeks. Snot-nosed college brats! I'm done here anyway - nowhere to go but down, as in: screw up royally and leave on a bad note. At least if I leave now I'm riding high and everybody loves me and this will be a good local employment reference for me.
Coincidently, the job opening that I've been waiting for in the IT department here was officially announced today, but now that I have a definite description of the position and some insider knowledge about it, I realize it's a totally crappy job that would be WAY beneath me (answering the phone and writing help tickets - not actually fixing anything or using ANY of my technical knowledge). And the prospects of something more interesting opening up are nil. So there's really no reason for me to stay here.
Getting this job did a lot to lift me out of the depressed funk I was in and it also jump started my flagging job search, so those are two good things. Not to mention I made some new friends and got a free copy of Office2007 out of the deal - not too shabby!
So sometime within the next 2 weeks they'll release me and I can spend all my time job hunting and brushing up my computer skills at home. This morning I bought a big fat LINUX book which is an operating system I've been meaning to learn about for many years. A lot of job ads around here ask for LINUX knowledge.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with the job search! And go back to Land of Fat-Assed Mosquitos. Or Legends Of Felines And Marshes. Ooh, I like that one! Or Land Of Frozen-Assed Marshes. Heck, change it every month or two.
Greg
Post a Comment