Monday, July 30, 2007

Trip recap

There were so many times during our 11-day trip that I wanted to note something here on the blog. And, now that we're home, and Audrey is happily quiet with her stuffed, oversized blocks on a blanket in the living room, I don't know where to start...

Oh, well, let me just say that our cab driver on the way home from LAX knew only two speeds: rocket blast-off and lurching full-arrest. Oy. Car sick city. Though, it did put Audrey to sleep.

Audrey travelled great. I'm going to call her my jetsetting baby. AND, she slept TEN hours last night -- thank you Time Zone changes and aggregate fatique from travelling, people, etc. :)

We had a great trip.

Yes, we've decided to move to Minneapolis/St. Paul by or before Oct. 1st. Spent four days with Terri, her mom Darlene (at Darlene's house), and her two children, Marie and Noah. Here are Darlene and the kids, to the left. Marie is 3 1/2+ and Noah is 7 months old.

We all drove around the two cities for a couple days and saw some neighborhoods that we all liked. They are resolved, too, to move up there from Austin; though, it looks like we're going to land there before them.

In the last couple days, I've had a hard time keeping thoughts together long enough... See what I mean?

We had a great time staying across the street from Ken's parents, Dave and Jackie, in a guest suite. It was so great to be able to just walk over instead of drive. Thank you D & J for putting us up in the Big House! We saw all the aunts and uncles, took about 100 pictures (which I'm still sorting through), AND we all had a great dinner together Friday night -- again, thank you Dave and Jackie! And, I talked about it a lot, and I'm going to say it here, too. Damn, that was a terrific pot de creme chocolate dessert that night! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY - I liked it so much, yes, I want to marry it.

On that note, I'm signing off for now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure was great to see you ... and to meet the princess. She is totally adorable, and I think she already knows who her favorite uncle is!
Greg