Still pregnant. On Friday, baby was sitting "high" up in my uterus - not any closer to head down in my pelvis. I've had some contractions, my cervix is softening, and my blood pressure is holding steady, plus the other symptoms of pre-eclampsia have abated, and the baby's heartbeat registers all happy healthy on the non-stress tests -- SO, we're still just waiting.
Which is fine. Sometimes boring, sometimes desparate-feeling, sometimes "zen," but fine.
On Monday, Ken and I will go see the back-up hospital OB/surgeon to get his take on our status, and whether we might be looking at the need for a hospital-based induction (midwife won't induce at birthing center if baby's head isn't in pelvis - could lead to umbilical cord dropping into pelvis before baby's head, and that would be bad) and/or potential C-section. There's a question about whether Audrey's head might not fit in my pelvis anymore...? Not sure how Dr. Wu might be able to gauge this, but we'll see.
If everybody decides to wait until Friday or later next week (baby, midwife, OB), Audrey'll be a Taurus instead of an Aries. Can you tell I'm looking for reasons for this wait anywhere I can find them? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please tell Audrey that I'd really like to meet her while I'm in L.A., and that we'll be there through 4/26. ; )
Post a Comment