So, I was thinking this morning...
About the nature of existence and the power of the Universe. And, doing the laundry.
If one accepts the universal Law of Attraction, that "like" attracts "like," and that the source and sustainer of the Universe is pure energy (can anyone say, "string theory?"), AND that each of us and everything around us is comprised of this same source energy, then God/the Universe is like a giant Genie which beckons us to command Him with our desires. To manifest our desires, we simply need to identify and ask for them. Accept them as real, as a "given," and they come into reality -- "like" is magnetized into existence to match "like."
I was dreaming this morning about some sort of super-PDA I had. I really simply wanted to make a phone call, but my fingers were too big for the buttons, and I kept misdialing. I finally figured out there was a stylus to use, and I excitedly grabbed it to key in the phone number I wanted. But, somehow, with the stylus I pressed some other inadvertent combo of function keys, and all of a sudden, every application and function of the PDA crammed the screen at once -- BLOCKING my ability to make the phone call I wanted to. Next, I got caught in this loop of trying to close all the other "windows" on the screen (which kept popping up new ones), unable to access the device's telephone function.
This dream ties in directly to my first paragraph, in that I know I have all the capabilities to make that phone call - to state what I want. And, yet, I am aware of so many possibilities and my fundamental omnipotence to manifest them that I feel I spend more time "closing windows" (or wondering whether I should close that window) than making the call.
I guess I'm wrestling with super-alertness versus contentment in being. What I mean is, knowing that I have the ability to manifest ANYTHING makes me feel responsible for everything that manifests in my life - the "good" and the "bad." If I'm feeling discontented with anything in my life, I must recognize that I have somehow contributed to manifesting it... Or, even if something pops up "out of left field," I've somehow attracted it into my orbit.
Isn't that daunting? How does one keep from being hyper-alert, hyper-vigilant all the time? How exhausting.
Ah, I just detected a note of fear there. That's the tripper. I don't believe in remaining in a state of fear. Fear is a wake-up call, at its best, a seductive, self-perpetuating rut, at its worst. So, if the hyper-alert feelings appear, I need to call them for what they are and let them go. I can't ANTICIPATE everything that comes along with a manifestation. I mean, if that were the case, why create anything at all? Where would the mystery be? Where would the adventure be? I don't believe we're here to live our lives like recipes.
I've been calling in these past few mornings to report to the two temp agencies I'm signed up with. No gigs, yet. So, today, I decided, "phooey, I'm gonna do the laundry."
And, so off I go to launder. Ponder the Universe, check. Separate the whites and the colors, check. :)
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment