Monday, October 02, 2006

Escape to Big Bear Lake!

This Saturday morning we got a bug in our butts, woke up early, threw some clothes in a bag, and took off on a quick road trip into the mountains to the east in search of Big Bear Lake. We had seen this mountain lake from the air last weekend as we flew back from St. Louis and another passenger told us what it was. This lake is 8000 feet in the air, far above the smog that gathers thick and disgusting at the western base of these mountains.

Big Bear Lake was gorgeous! and clean! and relatively undeveloped with hillsides covered with big beautiful pines! These pics don't do it justice.

Looking west across a smallish wetlands area with the adjoining lake on the other side of the road:




Looking east across the wetlands:


While here, I told someone for the first time that I hate LA. Uh oh. There, I said it.

And once again, returning from this relatively pristine wilderness to LA sent me into a mild depression this evening.

Maybe Lorie will write more...

No comments: