Friday, January 27, 2006
Ken Recommends A Book About The Wild West
During my journey back to Austin I began reading a fascinating book my aunt Gayle loaned me. It's called I Will Fight No More Forever and it's an account of the events leading up to and including the epic Nez Perse War of 1877 between the Nez Perse Native American population of northern Idaho and the frontiersmen and cavalry of the day. I've never been interested in "wild west" history, but I can't put this book down. While following the flight of the Nez Perse through Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming on my maps, I see that so many of the roads, towns, creeks, and other features along the way are now named after the people involved in this famous conflict. To put it in movie context, reading this book is like watching Lord of the Rings and Dances With Wolves only it really happened. Like Gayle said, someone needs to make a movie out of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, maybe that's Lorie's first flick out there. But it sounds like a big-budget extravaganza to me!
Post a Comment