Today is sunny, and so am I. Today, I feel all the possibilities inherent in the beginning of a new year.
It's occurred to me that I arrived out here almost one year ago - January 22nd. On one hand, it feels to me like I haven't made much headway toward my goals. On the other hand, let's review:
Moved out; stayed with Ken's aunt for three months. Got temp gig(s) at Paramount Studios in theatrical premiere publicity (petty, pissy guy) and home entertainment DVD Extras group (cool, nice people).
Found apartment.
Sold house in Austin; packed up; moved out.
Worked for a different petty, pissy guy at Paramount; got booted from that gig. Took freelance/indie production coordinating gig on a film shoot through friend.
Discovered I was pregnant.
Felt sick, tired, lost, and expectant/excited/confused/okay.
Signed up with different temp agency; alas, no gigs for weeks.
Got temp gig at Sony. Glad to experience vibe on a different lot, but gig didn't last. More gigs did not materialize.
"jumping off bridges" screened in Beverly Hills. Former partners in town from Austin. Had good time. Saw Steve Martin while at lunch.
Signed up with fourth temp agency. Got some gigs - not movie-related, but hey, it's money!
Signed up to produce spec tv pilot. Gave it best shot; couldn't pull it off.
Still pregnant. I felt her first kick this past Saturday evening while watching the Redskins game with my sister-in-law, Mary Beth (yeah, I know, who knew I'd be interested in watching an entire televised sporting event?).
Looking forward, I have an idea (long brewing) for a book. That's all I'm going to say about that until I come up with a plan, if I ever do.
Ken quit his job today. It doesn't pay enough, nor offer benefits, so it's a good thing he's moving on. The plan is, he'll study for and pass 6 exams over the next 6-8 weeks to update a big computer-y certification of his. He'll also check out temp agencies. I'm excited for him, b/c I think he's going to find a great job that makes him feel good about his abilities. He's really good with end-users and computer stuff - very patient and thorough. He's a good trouble-shooter.
I don't know what's ahead of me or him, or both of us with Audrey. But, today I feel hopeful, positive. And, that's a good thing.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment