Once again, Lorie has stolen my blog thunder by spilling the beans about quitting my job, etc! I guess writing about all that movie stuff, and temping stuff, and baby stuff is just not enough for her :-) Oh well, I know she can't help it because she loves me and cares about what I'm doing. But now what am I going to write about?
Perhaps some details about where I'm at now: phase 3a. Phase 1 was doing handyman work while getting settled in the apartment and trying to come to terms with this hellhole of a city. Phase 2 was shifting focus from handyman work back to computer work and getting what I hoped would be long-term employment with a small but growing IT solutions provider, AND trying to come to terms with this hellhole of a city.
Yesterday I entered Phase 3a: Preparation for a New Job. By quitting my job yesterday I've created a roughly 3-month window between today and the day Audrey is born in which I can now focus all of my time on studying for and passing 6 MCSE exams and then getting a great job that pays well and has benefits.
I've already started studying for the hardest exam. The book for this one exam is 1.75 inches thick, and I'm sitting here thinking about what Lorie just wrote: that I'm going to have to pass one exam every 7-10 days so that I still have time left for job hunting before Audrey comes.
Yikes! Gotta get to work, bye!
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment