Now that I passed it (phew!) I can safely announce that I've been studying for an information technology certification exam called "Network +". So this Wednesday evening I took the exam and passed it with a very good score! The subject matter of Network + is very basic general networking stuff which I already learned years ago, but I've been out of the IT world for a while and needed the refresher. Not to mention, Ethernet technology has advanced considerably in the interim. And finally, my employer wanted me to take this exam and even paid for it. How could I resist?
Next, I need to update my MCSE certification (all about Windows servers and networks), since I got that a couple of generations ago and it is now mostly obsolete. That cert is going to require about 6 exams (ugh!), so wish me lots of luck!
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment