So, today, I'm gonna meet up with Lisa (Tracy's life partner and all-around cool chick), and we're gonna go down to Manhattan Beach to The Children's Orchard, a resale shop for kids, maternity, etc.
Last night, I trolled Craigslist for infant car seats and snap-n-go strollers and responded to a listing that had what I wanted. I talked to the seller today, and I'll pick up her things tomorrow for $75. Yay! The snap-n-go stroller thingies are, like, $65 just by themselves - so, I'm getting the infant car seat and stroller for a makes-me-happy price.
Today is all about me and baby. No production stuff. No Hollywood stuff. No stress. No job stuff. No nothin'. Just ooohing and aahhing over onesies and binkies.
Did I tell you that a lovely friend back in Austin sent Ken and I a baby outfit as a gift last week? All my life, I haven't really gotten excited about baby stuff - little dresses or outfits or whatever. But, I pulled her gift out of the padded envelope and felt myself enthralled with the little onesie top, the little pants, the leeetle socks and cap, and finally the leeeetle hanger upon which it all hangs! I've become sappy. As my midwife put it, 'the harder-core they are, the mushier they become.'
Oh, and you'll get a kick out of this. Ken and I went to the Birthing Center's Holiday Party this past Sunday. We thought we might meet some other expectant parents there maybe...? Anyway, we both totally neglected to realize the party'd be overrun by kids. Kids everywhere! Infants, toddlers, 8-year-olds (!) with ponies and Santa and wind-up toys buzzing around underfoot.
We lasted 10 minutes, then left to drive to our favorite Pho restaurant in Koreatown to soothe our senses with Vietnamese comfort food. :) So I'm getting sappier, but I still have my limits.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment