Last week, Ken and I drove to a fairly-nearby motel to check it out as a possibility for his parents' stay in May. Audrey and I stayed in the car, while Ken went in to inquire about stuff at the front desk. It was right along the light rail train route, and we wondered about the noise issue.
Ken learned that wasn't our greatest concern. After noticing the bowl of condoms placed conveniently next to the reception window (which was walled in by bullet proof glass), Ken learned from the pleasant English-as-a-second-language clerk that the motel's typical clientele could run a little on the loud (but temporary) side. Said clerk helpfully suggested that Ken's parents might be more comfortable at 'a Best Western or something.'
AUDREY SITING: in her room tonight, Ken and I were hanging out, reading bedtime stories to her. She likes pulling up on everything and anything and practicing her standing skills. She's becoming quite adept at keeping her balance. AND, I watched her take two small, unassisted steps toward Ken tonight.
Aw.
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment