Monday, January 28, 2008

Time on my hands - Need super powers

Ken's at work. Audrey's in bed. I have quiet time now. And, I don't know what to do with myself.

Part of me is thinking, 'go clean the catbox now.' Another part is thinking, 'but, I have this quiet time; I should be doing something personal or creative or something.'

Yep.

Hm.

Pause.

I bought a workout ball thingie on sale at Marshall's around Christmastime. Only $9! Still haven't inflated it. Could go do that.

Hm.

Sent out a bunch of mail this weekend and today. Still have multiple wallet baby photos to mail... Need to do some more printing, but Ken moved the printer today.

Went to a camera store on Sunday to check out three types of digital SLR cameras I've researched. Turns out I like the Canon one in my hands the best. Now I gotta figure out how to come up with $1,200 for the camera body, lens, carrying bag, memory card, etc. etc. Sigh. Well, there's no hurry.

The class I was to teach this coming Saturday has been canceled due to not enough folks signing up for it to meet the minimum. The IFP folks want to offer it again, though, for the Spring cycle, which is cool. But, of course, I'm not gonna get paid anything for the class-that-wasn't. I'm not sure if the March class I was to do is also canceled. Gotta follow up on that.

Okay, it's time for a Fluffy Question:

If you could have any "super" or meta-power, what would it be, and why?

Me, I'd like to be able to magically materialize things a la "I Dream of Jeannie." With this power, I'd be able to easily move furniture, paint rooms, establish/create garden beds (I'd still do the planting, myself, but magic bed-prep? Oh yeah, gotta love that.), remodel a house, "blink" a van into existence that would enable Ari and Terri and Ken and me to all drive around together, with all kids in tow.

I'd be able to "blink" Ken, Audrey and myself directly to family's houses for visits -- no airport security! No baggage claim loaded down with baby stuff!

If someone needed money, I'd "blink" them a pile. Wouldn't that be fun?

I could "blink" myself that camera. :)

Okay, your turn. Tell me what "X Men"/mutant/"Heroes" superpower you'd like to have.

3 comments:

abc said...

can i have the power to get skinnier with every hot fudge sundae I eat?

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to have the levitating finger, like Uncle Martin. Does that count as a "super" power?
Doug

Anonymous said...

Flying. Gotta be flying. I think that's why I like swimming so much -- it's like flying, but underwater.
Greg