Monday, January 14, 2008

Mom's big birthday

Yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday. I didn't post a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! message yesterday, because this weekend was Camp Sick Audrey & Lorie. Ken took great care of his girls, and both of us are better now, yay!

But, the great thing about the delay in marking my mom's big day is that now I can post some photos from it! See, my brother, Shane, and I decided to present Mom with a birthday she couldn't forget, so...

First, Chef Larsen and his sous chef showed up to make breakfast:






Here was the menu:
Creamy Eggs & Smoked Salmon on Vanilla Popovers, Wilted Spinach & Hollandaise Sauce
  • Free Range Eggs Whisked with Heavy Cream, then Slowly Whipped & Cooked over Steam, then Nested on Thinly Sliced Smoked Salmon, Wilted Spinach & Drizzled with Hollandaise Sauce
Belgian Buttermilk Waffles Topped with Glazed Bananas Flambé & Ricotta Cinnamon Cream
  • Belgian Style Buttermilk Waffles Topped with Sliced Bananas, Butter & Brown Sugar Flamed with Brandy then Topped with a Cinnamon and Ricotta Cream
God, aren't you drooling right now? The Birthday Girl liked it all so much, she posed with the chefs!

Next up, we had the all important Birthday Girl coronation:

Love, love, love this photo!









Then, her favorite masseuse, Roberta, dropped by:




And, Flowers!

And, good friends laden with gift certificates to camera stores:









Thanks to my stepdad, Tim, for these great photos, and for keeping my mom in the house during her birthday! And, thanks to Mom's great friend, June, who helped me track down the lovely Roberta, the masseuse, and who brainstormed gift ideas with me over the weeks.

Happy Birthday, Mom. I think 60 becomes you well, and I'm excited for you to embark on your next decade. I think you've got a lot of creativity ready to pour out of you, and new directions in which to explore (think, Motor Home!). Big smooch. Love you.

No comments: