I have thrush. It's in/on my left breast. For those unfamiliar with all things breastfeeding, thrush is a fungus that makes one's nipple(s) extremely sensitive to the touch, and causes burning pain while nursing. It also manifests in the baby's mouth as white stuff that doesn't rub off. Doesn't look like there's a lot in Audrey's mouth, but we must be passing cooties back and forth to each other.
Holy Jesus, pain.
Read on Web this weekend that plain yogurt applied to nipples and in baby's mouth works to nullify the cooties (something to do with the acidopholus in it), so I've been walking around for the last 24 hours with yogurt on my boobs. Never thought I'd do that before. Will call pediatrician tomorrow to get necessary prescription, too. Ay carumba.
Went to 6-week post-partem midwife visit Friday, and they weighed Audrey. She's nine pounds now. I have fun wandering into my closet occasionally to eyeball the outfits she's almost big enough to start wearing.
Don't know what else to write about...
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment